Saturday, March 17, 2007

Temple Miracle

Last night Brian and I were finally able to go to the temple. We haven't been since before Ethan was born; it's been so long. I was also able to wear the temple dress I started making before I got pregnant with Ethan. It's a simplified version of a wedding dress I saw in a magazine and fell in love with. I felt so pretty!

I'm five weeks pregnant, and so far I've been able to keep the nausea under control. I've discovered that if I take a Women's One-A -Day tablet each morning, it keeps the nausea down through the day. I've only had a few moments that were really bad, and luckily those have been at night time, so I could just lay there until it was over.

Yesterday I was determined to thoroughly clean the house and do the laundry. I woke up and scrubbed the bathroom, and put the whites in the washer. By the time the toilet was scrubbed and the darks were being put in the dryer, I was exhausted and feeling quite sick. I slowed down a bit for the rest of the day and although I wasn't feeling too bad, I wasn't feeling as good as I have been.

So after dinner Brian and I took off to the temple, and the minute I sat down in the endowment room, I realized that I didn't feel at all sick. I felt like a normal person! The good feeling lasted throughout the whole session and didn't leave until we were walking out of the temple. We were going down the front steps and I said to Brian, "I'm starting to feel sick again."

"Well, " he said, "You should go back inside and ask if you can live here for the next nine months."

It was a wonderful evening. I'm so thankful we were able to go to the temple and I was able to feel good and enjoy the spirit there.

1 comment:

Brooklet said...

That is a great story and I am glad you were able to be a peace in the temple. Brian's right, I wonder if they will let you live there for the next 8 months!