Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Of A More Intimate Nature

Alyssa, being a "real princess," loves pretty things. As we walk down the isles of any store, she'll point to anything pink, frilly, or lacy object and say, "I wish I could have that." She wears princess dresses as much as I will allow her to. She prefers to drink her water from a tea cup, and she has recently started climbing to the cupboard to be able to use a saucer, as well. She loves to be beautiful. When I do her hair, she'll go to Brian and ask, "Aren't I just beautiful?" and toss her hair from shoulder to shoulder.

Alyssa also loves my underwear and lingerie. When getting dressed for our date on Friday, I had Alyssa help me pick out my clothes. "What skirt should I wear?" I asked her. She kept pulling out night gowns and see-through robes, which wouldn't be quite appropriate for a church dance. I ended up wearing a jean skirt and green (kind of) lacy top. She wasn't happy with my skirt choice.

Last week she put on one of my bras and ran around the house singing, "I am Mrs. Nesbit!"

And yesterday when I was getting undressed for bed, she found my bra on the bed and held it up, examining it carefully. "Oh, Momma," she exclaimed, "I didn't know you had such a beautiful, pretty gold..." (it was cream) "...what do you call these things again?"

"Bras, honey," I told her, putting my fluffy blue robe on.

"I didn't know you had such a beautiful gold bras, Momma. Do you think that maybe, when you die and I'm just your size, that I can have your bras?" I told her that we would get her a bunch of pretty bras of her own when she was older. She can't wait.

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Sure, sure it was cream. I am more inclined to think you do have gold, sparkly bras!!

Claire tried on my bra a couple of days ago and I just sat their laughing. So far, she hasn't expressed interest in having one of her own, or inheriting mine.

Johnsons said...

I excused Megan from the Human Growth and Development class at school because she is only in fourth grade and I didn't think she needed to worry about all that yet. So, I tried talking to her on my own. I got as far as deoderant and bras. She started laughing and said, "Mom, I'm not going to need to worry about that for a along time. Can I go now?" I guess I was right to keep her from the class and I guess I don't have to worry about those talks for awhile!

However, Marian and Emma can't wait. I plan on sending them underwear shopping with their Aunt Carrie.

Brooklet said...

OH, I dread the day. . .